Mission and Vision
To present the Manawatu Golf Club as the premier course in the region and a preferred recreational and social venue in Palmerston North by providing a fair and challenging test for golfers of all abilities, with attractive facilities for members and guests.
To support members’ golfing and social aspirations by:
- providing a congenial and welcoming club atmosphere,
- providing a range of enjoyable playing and competition opportunities,
- attracting and encouraging new members,
- actively encouraging the development of junior golfers,
- providing a well maintained golf course recognised as a challenging, fair and enjoyable test for golfers of all abilities,
- providing excellent facilities for members and guests,
- providing on-site access to a Club Professional and Pro-Shop,
- providing sponsorship opportunities for local businesses,
- promoting the golf course as the premier course in the region and one of the most highly recognised within New Zealand,
- achieving successful financial outcomes through prudent governance and management
Manawatu Golf Club commits to the on-going ecological enhancement of the golf course and its biodiversity.
The Club recognises the contribution it makes towards the conservation and safeguarding of local flora and fauna and acknowledges the need to incorporate ecological best practice in the pursuit of providing premium playing surfaces.